How to use and create a custom auto fill list in Excel
by tccadmin | May 17, 2022 | All Members |
- Fill in Excel can fill a range in a specific direction by using the fill handle.
- The range is filled with values, numerical, textual or a mix which are either copied from the initially selected cell or based on the pattern of the selected cells.
- The range can be filled downwards, upwards, rightwards, or leftwards.
- A fill handle is a small square appearing at the bottom right corner of a selected cell or range.
- Here we see how to create a list for autofill.
- Go to the file tab.
- Click options that Excel options dialog box opens from the pane on the left.
- Click advanced, though advanced options for working with Excel are displayed on the right side from the general section, click Edit custom lists.
- The custom lists dialog box opens under custom lists to the left there are some lists defined by the system.
- The user defined custom lists work the same way.
- The system defined lists work.
- Press the enter key after typing each entry in list entries.
- Once all entries have been entered, click add.
- Click OK twice and exit from the Excel options dialog box to check whether the user defined custom list works or not.
- Type the name.
- Drag the file handle name will be auto fill automatically.